Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Chief has faulted the party for the endorsement of President Goodluck for the upcoming 2015 elections. Okwu said it was unfortunate that APGA endorsed the President even when the PDP is yet to do so.
Okwu made this statement during a visit to his residence by some South East members of the Party who are loyal to him. He described the action of the party’s national Chairman Chief Victor Umeh and Governor Willie Obiano has anti-paty activities.
“Democratically, governor Obiano erred by using any platform whatsoever to endorse President Jonathan when he (Obiano) was still a member of APGA and when the PDP which the President belongs was yet to endorse him to run for the 2015 presidential election,” Okwu said.
He also faulted the declaration by Obiano that Umeh was the only APGA senatorial candidate of the party for Anambra Central senatorial zone in the 2015 general election
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion
- Federal civil servants on grade level 12 and above to resume full work hours
- Court fines Naira Marley N200,000 for violating COVID-19 restrictions
- NLC gives Air Peace, Turkish Airlines and Bristow Helicopters 2 weeks to reinstate sacked pilots
- Med-view is selling two Aircrafts to settle debt
- Ahead of Edo elections, Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu, Buni, Ganduje in Aso Rock
- Edo PDP members stage protest at state assembly complex
- Kebbi state will refund all Hajj deposits
- Commercial banks owe Telcos N17 Billion for USSD transactions – NCC
- UAE refutes reports of travel ban on Nigerians