Estimated Reading Time: <1
The screening committee setup by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to screen candidates vying for the party primaries in Adamawa state has disqualified the acting governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri.
Saharareporters reports that it could not confirm the official reasons given for Fintiri’s disqualification but a PDP source said it was because he decamped from the PDP to the All Progressives Congress (APC) party and hence did not qualify to be re-admitted into the party until certain conditions are met.
The screening committee, however, gave the green light to former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as well as others to run in the primaries.
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace
- 229 more people test positive to COVID-19 in Nigeria, infection exceeds 8000
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai