Estimated Reading Time: <1
Over 200 Non-Governmental Organization from the North West region today indicated interest to solicit votes for President Goodluck Jonathan in his 2015 re-election bid.
The Special Adviser to the President on Political Affairs, Professor Rufa’i Ahmed Alkali had commenced evaluation and screening exercise for all support groups and NGOs rooting for the President for 2015 election.
The exercise which ends on August 22 in all the six geo-political regions, saw groups in the North West region obtaining forms to take part in the exercise to ensure Jonathan’s re-election campaign.
Team Leader in the North-West, Ambassador Usman Sani El-Kudan told newsmen that over 200 groups have obtained screening forms on the first day of the exercise in Kaduna “and more groups are expected to register before the last day.”
According to him, the groups will indicate their intentions and their membership strength in the forms given to them among other conditions.
He said most of the groups that took part in the screening were orderly adding that the Team hasn’t encountered any problems.
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844