Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has extended the ongoing distribution of permanent voter cards in the FCT and 11 states by two days.
The extension was contained in a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday by INEC’s Head, Voter Education and Publicity, Mr Okezie Nwankwo.
According to the statement, the extension is expected to give more people the opportunity to get the cards.
It stated that the time for the collection of the cards remained between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The states are Yobe and Bauchi (North East); Jigawa and Sokoto (North West); FCT and Kwara (North Central); Anambra and Ebonyi (South East); Ondo and Oyo (South West), and Delta and Cross River (South South).
NAN reports that the exercise which began on 15 August and initially scheduled to end on 17 August will now end on 19 August.
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG