Estimated Reading Time: <1
Adamawa state Acting Governor, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri, has picked intent form to contest for the October 11 Governorship by-election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.
According to Thisday Newspaper, the Acting Governor confirmed the development on Friday to Journalists in Yola in a telephone chat. Fintiri said he decided to take that action based on popular demand that he should contest.
” The voice of the people is the voice of God and I have no option than to succumb to the sustained pressure by the people of Adamawa to join the race.
” I am a grassroots politician who has been in touch with the people since I joined politics and all my actions has been guided by the people”, Fintiri said.
The Acting Governor who is popularly called ” Limamin Chanji” meaning the leader of change said if he emerged as the substantive governor of the state he would not disappoint the electorate.
He described his modest achievements in one month as one of the major factor that endeared him to the people of Adamawa, adding that within that short period he was able to give the people a sense of belonging.
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals
- President Buhari writes to President Xi Jinping of China
- Court awards N50 million against Senator Abbo for assault
- Nigeria’s vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has said Nigeria may break up if efforts are not made to address the cracks
- Former Delta State Governor Uduaghan returns to PDP
- COVID-19: Lagos government launches N5 billion support capital for private schools
- Proposed PIB scraps NNPC, PPPRA in new bill submitted to the National Assembly
- Alwan Hassan: An Open Letter to the Leaders and the Young People of the APC