Estimated Reading Time: <1
Al Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, Chief Bisi Akande has been warned not to attempt imposing his daughter, Dr. Temitope Ilori, as House of Representatives candidate for Boluwaduro/Ila, Ifedayo federal constituency in Osun state.
The warning was made by a group, Boluwaduro Democratic Vanguard (BDV) via a statement signed by Mr. Tunde Ogundeji and made available to journalists in Osogbo. They urged Chief Akande to allow internal democracy thrive in the state.
The statement read in part:
“We have it on good authority that Baba (Akande) has started sinister moves to anoint his daughter, Mrs. Ilori as the House candidate in Boluwaduro/Ila, Ifedayo federal constituency.
‘’It will be dangerous for our dear leader and other stakeholders not to clear the air on this issue speedily, especially as the governorship election is around the corner.
‘’For true lovers of our democracy, our leaders should by now understand that imposition and anointing of candidates will only destroy the party and diminish our acceptability,’’ the statement said.
“We are sounding this note of caution requesting that the APC leadership and the affected leader make their stand known on this issue before the governorship election.
‘’It is important to remind our leaders that when there is mistrust in the party system, there is every likelihood for consequences which may not be in the interest of the APC.
“Chief Akande, at this point, should be a reference point for true democratic ideals and should not stain his political credentials by promoting such issue that may portray him as cornering everything for his immediate family.
‘’After all, his daughter is a serving commissioner. If she is interested in running for the House, she should come to the field like others”.
Temitope Olori who is the current commissioner of health in the state has however denied the allegations made by the group. She stated that all the group said about her were lies from her detractors.
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness
- Gombe discharges 153 Almajiris after two weeks quarantine
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption