Estimated Reading Time: <1
Weightlifter Chika Amalaha has won Nigeria its first gold medal at the ongoing Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, on Friday.
The female weightlifter pulled a total of 196 points in snatch and clean and jerk in the 53kg class, to beat the stiff opposition from England and India weightlifters, who picked the silver and bronze in the category respectively.
The mother of two also set the games record in the category.
- Ayodele Fayose allege irregularities in the recently conducted South-West Congress of the PDP, describing the exercise as a “scam”
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants