Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, has mandated its technical subcommittee to open discussion with the Chief Coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi on a possible renewal of his contract which expired after the FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
The decision on Keshi was taken after the committee impeached erstwhile president, Alhaji Aminu Maigari during a meeting in Abuja on Thursday.
In a communiqué of the meeting signed by Chief Emeka Inyama says “the Executive Committee has mandated the technical subcommittee to open channels of communication with Keshi with a view to extending his contract, as the NFF is still interested in working with him. The sub-committee is to report back to the Executive Committee within a week.
“The Committee mandated the NFF management to proceed with discussions with a number of African countries with the view to seeing the Super Eagles playing a friendly match on FIFA window of Wednesday, 13 August, as part of preparations for the 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifying matches.
“The committee expressed satisfaction with all arrangements so far made for the different national teams, namely; Falconets, Flying Eagles and Golden Eaglets ahead of important international matches and qualifying games, and also directed the technical subcommittee to meet in a few days to harmonise all arrangements in this regard.”
It was also agreed at the meeting that 2014 Men and Women Federation Cup competitions will hold as scheduled in Lagos on Saturday, 16 August, while the planned Elective Congress/General Assembly of the NFF will still hold as scheduled on Tuesday, 26 August.
- FEC approves N10.6bn for roads in Kogi, Gombe and Adamawa States
- Doctors at Kogi Federal Medical Center begin Indefinite strike over armed attack
- Domestic flights to resume July 8 at Lagos, Abuja airports
- Suspended National Broadcasting Commission DG re-arraigned over ‘N2.5 billion fraud
- Lagos airport gets N2.2bn for runway extension
- Former chairperson of NSITF, Ngozi Olejeme, forfeits 48 properties
- Federal government increases petrol price to N143.80
- BudgIT launches open Nigerian states data portal
- National Assembly suspends special public works programme
- Ondo governorship polls; INEC suspends registration of new voters