Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, has mandated its technical subcommittee to open discussion with the Chief Coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi on a possible renewal of his contract which expired after the FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
The decision on Keshi was taken after the committee impeached erstwhile president, Alhaji Aminu Maigari during a meeting in Abuja on Thursday.
In a communiqué of the meeting signed by Chief Emeka Inyama says “the Executive Committee has mandated the technical subcommittee to open channels of communication with Keshi with a view to extending his contract, as the NFF is still interested in working with him. The sub-committee is to report back to the Executive Committee within a week.
“The Committee mandated the NFF management to proceed with discussions with a number of African countries with the view to seeing the Super Eagles playing a friendly match on FIFA window of Wednesday, 13 August, as part of preparations for the 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifying matches.
“The committee expressed satisfaction with all arrangements so far made for the different national teams, namely; Falconets, Flying Eagles and Golden Eaglets ahead of important international matches and qualifying games, and also directed the technical subcommittee to meet in a few days to harmonise all arrangements in this regard.”
It was also agreed at the meeting that 2014 Men and Women Federation Cup competitions will hold as scheduled in Lagos on Saturday, 16 August, while the planned Elective Congress/General Assembly of the NFF will still hold as scheduled on Tuesday, 26 August.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan