Estimated Reading Time: <1
A lawmaker in Nasarawa State House of Assembly, Alhaji Othman Bala, has appealed to members not to impeach Gov. Umaru Al-Makura, in the interest of the state.
Bala (APC, Keffi-East) said in Lafia on Friday that lawmakers should put the interest of the state above other considerations.
“The lawmakers love the state and will do all within their power to ensure peace and development of the state.
“It is on the basis of that love that I appeal to my colleagues to sheath their swords in order to move the state forward.
“No one is perfect, we should forgive some of the lapses noticed with the governor with the belief that he will learn from it in the overall interest of the state,’’ NAN gathered, as stated by Bala.
He emphasised the need for the members to make sacrifice, saying: “there should be no winner or loser under the circumstance but the interest of the state should be paramount’’.
The assembly on Monday resolved to serve an impeachment notice on the governor for alleged gross misconduct.
The news of the impeachment notice, however, led to protest across the state.
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest