Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kaduna State College of Education, Gidan Waya, has concluded arrangements to commence degree programme in some fields of study during the 2014/2015 academic session.
The Acting Provost of the college, Alhaji Lawal Tukur, announced this on Saturday during the matriculation of 100 level regular and part-time NCE students in Gidan-Waya.
The provost said Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, had agreed, through affiliation, to assist the college in running, Bachelor of Education Degree courses in English Language, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge and Geography.
He said other courses included Social Studies, Education Administration, Planning, Guidance and Counseling, Economics and Home Economics.
Tukur expressed gratitude to the State Government for providing the institution with the required facilities, making it possible to affiliate to ABU.
He, however, appealed to the government to prevail on contractors handling some projects in the college, especially roads, to expedite action on them. Tukur advised students to be wary of acts capable of jeopardising their academic pursuit.
“I urge every one of you to work hard to justify the confidence reposed in you by the institution’’, News Agency Of Nigeria reports.
The Registrar, Mr Hassan Ayat, said JAMB cleared 5,991 applicants but 2,570 were admitted.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists