Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Army on Thursday in Lagos said it would continue to ensure a cordial relationship with civilians in the state.
Lt. Col. Omale Ochaguba, the spokesman, 81 Div. Nigerian Army, told News Agency of Nigeria against the backdrop of the recent attack on Lagos State Government-owned luxury buses by soldiers.
Crisis erupted after the death of a Corporal from Army Education Corps, Lagos, who was knocked down when he was allegedly riding on Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) lane on his power bike on July 4. Apart from eyewitness accounts that the soldiers burnt the mass transit buses, pictures and videos reveal the soldiers were on rampage as they shutdown the expressway for hours.
Ochaguba, 81 Division spokesman said that the army would not compromise civil-military relationship in the state.
“Military has no bad relationship with civilians, we are committed to protecting the lives and properties of civilians, we are not anti civilians,” he said.
According to him, the soldiers are meant to protect the safety of the civilians and also assist other security agents in maintaining peace in the state.
He noted that the recent alleged destruction of BRT and LAG luxury buses were not carried out by their men but by hoodlums.
“We ensure obedience to the rules and laws in the state especially in adhering to the BRT lane instruction as the soldier killed was not on the said lane,” he said.
He also said that the bus that hit the soldier from the back had been towed to Ikeja Cantonment while further investigations were ongoing.
Ochaguba added that the body of the late corporal had been deposited at 68 Army Reference hospital, Yaba.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?