Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ogun State Police Command has arrested one Tolani Ajayi, 21, for allegedly killing his father, Mr. Charles Ajayi(SAN), at the Redemption Camp, along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in the early hours of July 3.
Police Public Relations Officer in the command, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, on Sunday said the body of Ajayi, 60,was recovered in a bush at Canaan Land Street, RCCG Camp, in a box where the body was kept after the Senior Advocate of Nigeria was killed by his son.
The suspect, said to be a 300-Level student of the Department of History and International Relations of Redeemer University, located at the Redemption Camp, Mowe in Ogun State, was picked up by the police in his late father’s residence at about 5.30pm on Thursday after what the police described as preliminary findings.
“The DPO, Redemption Camp, SP Olaiya Martins, had led a team of detectives and some members of the community, who noticed the strange attitude of the suspect while dumping a box, to the point, where the body of the late SAN was dumped.
“They thereafter traced the ground marks of the dragged box from where the suspect dumped the dad’s corpse to the house of the Senior Advocate of Nigeria,where they met the suspect in a relaxed mood. Upon interrogation, the suspect earlier lied that his dad had gone on evangelism before he eventually confessed to the crime when he was taken to the Redemption Camp Divisional Headquarters.
“He stated further that the problem arose when his father confronted him for not responding to all the prayer points he(the deceased) was calling, claiming that the father slapped him. He said he went ‘mad’ and picked up a knife from the kitchen to stab him(father) and later a cutlass to cut his throat.”
- Breaking: Senator Buruji Kashamu dies of COVID-19
- “There was no prior notice of the procession” – Kaduna Police arrests those protesting killings of Southern Kaduna residents
- Northern governors condemn attacks on Southern Kaduna
- PDP NWC sets up electoral committee for Cross River State congress
- Bauchi Government defends appointment of SA on unmarried women
- Do not sack service chiefs, Governor Umahi advises Buhari
- 2023: Southern Nigeria should produce the next president says El-Rufai
- World Bank approves over $114 million for Nigerian states to fight COVID-19
- NMA reacts to reports of violence at doctors’ elections in Enugu
- COVID-19: UBER records $1.8 Billion loss