Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s second Republic Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, has said President Goodluck Jonathan’s government has displayed incompetence, which has affected every part of Nigeria.
In an interview with The PUNCH. Musa said over 200 schoolgirls abducted by the Boko Haram sect from Chibok, Borno State, had not been rescued after 80 days was a show of gross incompetence on the part of the Federal Government.
He said the involvement of foreign security agents in the bid to rescue the schoolgirls and halt Boko Haram insurgency as unpatriotic, saying the Federal Government had the capacity to handle the situation.
“The inability to resolve the issue of the abduction of the schoolgirls from Chibok, Borno State and the continued abduction of women and children is a show of gross incompetence on the part of the Federal Government.
“Apart from that, President Goodluck Jonathan and his government went ahead to unpatriotically invite foreigners to solve a problem that the Federal Government has the capacity to solve. And up till today, the foreigners have not been able to identify where the abducted children are. Nothing concrete is coming both from the Federal Government and those invited to help.”
- Doctors at Kogi Federal Medical Center begin Indefinite strike over armed attack
- Domestic flights to resume July 8 at Lagos, Abuja airports
- Suspended National Broadcasting Commission DG re-arraigned over ‘N2.5 billion fraud
- Lagos airport gets N2.2bn for runway extension
- Former chairperson of NSITF, Ngozi Olejeme, forfeits 48 properties
- Federal government increases petrol price to N143.80
- BudgIT launches open Nigerian states data portal
- National Assembly suspends special public works programme
- Ondo governorship polls; INEC suspends registration of new voters
- Newly released Senator Orji Kalu proposes amendment to criminal justice act