Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s former Aviation Minister and Former member of the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, Femi Fani-Kayode alleges that the Nigerian party is the armed wing of the dreaded Islamic Boko Haram Sect.
Fani- Kayode made the revelations when he appeared on Channels TV’s flagship show, Sunrise Daily, Monday. The former Chieftain of the party said, “If you compare what’s happening in Nigeria to what happened in Ireland some years ago, you had Sinn Fein on the one hand and then you had the IRA on the other. The IRA was the armed wing of Sinn Fein and as far as I’m concerned, Boko Haram could well be described as the armed wing of the opposition, today.”
The Former Minister who said he dumped the party when he found out that there is more than meets the eye as members are sympathetic to terrorism explained that a Chieftain of the party formed the terror group.
“It is very clear that the founder of Boko Haram, the person that actually founded Boko Haram when he was in office…and I won’t mention his name on Television but everybody knows who it is, is from Borno state. He is alive and well. He is a key member of the opposition” he stated.
He took a swipe at the spokesman of the party for defending the sect , “Again I look at the utterances of the official spokesman of the opposition last year, that is Lai Mohammed, where he protested at the fact that Boko Haram was proscribed by the federal government where he said it was unconstitutional for the federal government to do so. He needs to explain why it is he would want to protect and support an organization that has killed almost 15,000 Nigerians as at that time and is against the fact that they were being proscribed to protect Nigerians.”
Millions of Nigerians have been displaced, killed and injured since the insurgents launched a large scale war against the Nigerian state.
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement
- There could be regrets; Federal Government warns as COVID-19 deaths approach 1,000
- 4.36 million oil barrels lost to power outage, others – NNPC
- Nigeria launches project in Osun to begin gold mining and refining in 2021