Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Prof Ahmed Alkali,has charged the newly constituted All Progressives Congress Leadership led by its National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun and other members of the executive committee, to put the interest of the nation first in whatever they do.
The Presidency on Saturday while congratulating the the opposition party for its ability to hold a successful convention said the party leaders emerged at a critical time when the nation was preparing for elections.
Alkali called for a very robust and constructive opposition political party that puts the interest of the country above every other consideration is what Nigeria needs and urges the new APC leaders to ensure peace and development of Nigeria tops their agenda.
On the June 21 governorship election in Ekiti state, Alkali called on the Independent National Electoral Commission, political parties, governorship candidates and their supporters to work in harmony to ensure successful poll in the state.
He said that President Goodluck Jonathan has laid solid foundation for conduct of free, fair and credible polls in the country and all hands must be on deck to ensure the people of Ekiti state are allowed to exercise their right to elect their leaders without let or hindrance.
He charged the candidates and political parties to shun violence, electoral malpractices, malicious propaganda and every act that may undermine the peaceful conduct of the governorship election in the state.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike