Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, yesterday congratulated the newly installed Emir of Kano, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, saying he was destined to be emir.
National Publicity Secretary of the forum, Mohammed Ibrahim in a statement reads as follows; “The ACF hereby congratulates the new Emir of Kano, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi on his appointment.
“The selection of Sanusi as the new emir by the Kano emirate king makers was an act destined by Allah who alone gives leadership to whosoever He wishes.
“May Allah give the new emir the wisdom and courage to see this new position as the father of Kano people and by extension northerners and Nigerians at large. The new Emir should therefore bring his wealth of experience, competence and exposure to bear in uniting the royal family members and people of Kano for a peaceful transition and continuation of the good legacies of late Ado Bayero.
“ACF has an unflinching regard and respect for the traditional institutions as… stabilizers, custodians of our core values, culture and customs, we therefore call on Sanusi to uphold the sanctity of the institution and consider his appointment as a rare opportunity to serve his people in this new capacity.”
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks