Estimated Reading Time: <1
Troops mounting a security check point at a Barrack entrance in Gombe this morning intercepted a lady suicide bomber while she was attempting to gain entry into the barracks. The lady suicide bomber who had primed herself with improvised explosive devices concealed under her Hijjab was intercepted when troops acting on intelligence report indicating that a terrorist group was plotting to attack Barracks around Gombe using female suicide bombers, halted her and as she was being searched the bomb detonated killing the lady.
Unfortunately one of the troops conducting the search also died while another was wounded in the explosion.
Normal activities have since resumed in the barracks.
Director Defence Information
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge