Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has received with shock and sadness, news of the sudden and untimely death of Professor Dora Akunyili, former Minister of Information and Communications, according to a statement issued by Reuben Abati, the Presidential Spokesman.
The President believes that Professor Akunyili will live long in the memories of those who were privileged to know her as a diligent professional, a public-spirited and forthright public officer, and as a person of great convictions.
President Jonathan considers her contributions to nation-building while she served as the Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), and as Minister of Information and Communications, particularly invaluable.
The President states that it is sad that her death has come at a time she was making further efforts to help sustain and strengthen the unity and stability of the country in her capacity as a member of the on-going National Conference. Without any doubt, she will be greatly missed.
President Jonathan commiserates with the Akunyili family, the government and people of Anambra State, members of the National Conference and all her loved ones.
He prays that the Almighty in His infinite mercies will grant them the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss of this truly distinguished citizen and patriot.
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1
- Federal Executive Council estimates N13.08trn for 2021 fiscal year
- Buhari to address Nigerians for 60th Independence Anniversary
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading