Estimated Reading Time: <1
The two children of the Speaker of Kogi State House of Assembly, Mr. Jimoh Lawal have been released, 53 days after their kidnap.
The children, Ogirima aged seven and Hafiz, aged three years were abducted from their father’s residence, in Okengwe, in Okene Local Government Area, since April 15.
PUNCH reports that the children were set free about 7pm on Friday and had been reunited with their parents. It was however not clear whether ransom was paid and the amount.
The Speaker’s Special Adviser on Media , Mr. Felix Udebu, confirmed the release of the children.
Meanwhile, the Kogi State Government has described kidnapping as an unacceptable act, and has warned culprits to desist and run away from the State.
Kogi State Governor Capt Idris Wada spoke when he visited Lawal, who had been reunited with his kidnapped two children.
Wada who was represented by his deputy, Yomi Awoniyi, said the safe recovery of the children is a testament to the ruggedness of the support the present administration in the state has given the security agencies.
He assured of continued logistics support that will enable security agencies carry out their responsibilities of protecting lives and properties and for the citizenry to sleep with their two eyes closed.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid