Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has received with immense sadness and a deep feeling of great national loss, news of the passing away of the highly revered Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero earlier today
Reuben Abati, Special Adviser to the President in a statement said the Federal Government and the people of Nigeria, commiserates with the Emir’s family and all the people of Kano over whom the departed Emir presided illustriously as traditional ruler for more than half a century.
“The President joins them in mourning the monarch whose uncommon leadership qualities and evident faith in the peace, unity, progress, and prosperity of Nigeria combined to make him one of the most respected traditional rulers in the country during his long and very successful reign.”
“President Jonathan believes that Alhaji Ado Bayero will always be remembered and honoured by the people of Kano and all Nigerians for his immense wisdom and competence as a traditional ruler, as well as for using his exalted throne to build bridges of unity, friendship and harmony across the nation”.
The President reaffirms his declaration on the occasion of the Emir’s 50th anniversary celebrations last year that the late Alhaji Ado Bayero was one of the most decent and respectable Nigerians he has had the privilege of interacting with, and he will always treasure pleasant memories of their last meeting earlier this year.
He prays that the Almighty Allah will receive the late Emir’s great soul and grant the good people of Kano a worthy successor who will carry on his good works and wise rule for the well-being and benefit of all Nigerians.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis