Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Defence Headquarters in Nigeria says there is no truth in the media reports that a Nigerian Army court martial has tried and found 15 senior officers including 10 Generals guilty for aiding terrorists, insisting that For emphasis, no General of the Nigerian Army is under any form of trial.
In a statement issued by Major General Chris Olukolade, Defence Information Director, he said that the story as published in some dailies and zealously propagated by many online media was very unfortunate and meant to do maximum damage to the image of Nigerian Army and its personnel.
“This falsehood had previously been refuted when it first reared its head but those concocting it appear hell bent on misleading Nigerians and the international community to give credence to the negative impression they are so keen to propagate about the Nigerian military.
“It has become inevitable to reassure the general public that any ongoing disciplinary process or trial will be made public when necessary. After all, Court Martial issues in the Nigerian Army are not known to be secret undertakings as it is on record that previous proceedings and outcome have been made public in the past,” the statement read.
Olukolade cautioned persons who have decided to “make a past time out of sensationalising and fabricating sensitive security issues to desist from the practice” especially in a period were Nigeria is facing security challenges.
He stressed that “the Nigerian Army remains a serious professional and responsible institution that cannot be associated with such incredulous report”.
The military spokesman called on Nigerians to discountenance the report as the handiwork of those who do not mean well for the country and the Armed Forces.
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud
- Plateau State Chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Akwa Ibom has not received any financial assistance from FG – Gov Udom Emmanuel
- 24 hours after Ayade’s ‘party’ to celebrate zero COVID-19, UCTH announce 5 positive cases
- Ondo State Governor’s wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, aide test positive for COVID-19
- NUJ wants Ondo Governor to declare 14 days lockdown
- Nigeria’s debt portfolio of has risen to N28.63tn
- Plateau LG chairman, Ezekiel Mandyau, is dead
- Centre for disease control discharges higher number of Covid-19 patients in Nigeria