Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Niger State Disaster Management Agency has confirmed the death of 11 persons in a boat mishap between Garafini-Kodo and Garafini riverine area of Borgu Local Government Area of the state.
Alhaji Mohammed Shaba, Special Adviser to the governor in charge of the agency, told newsmen on Tuesday in Minna that the accident occurred on Monday.
Shaba said that 18 passengers were aboard the ill-fated boat when the accident occurred between 5.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m.
He said that seven persons survived the incident which, he described, as unfortunate while 11 others who were confirmed dead had since been buried.
Shaba, who told journalists that the cause of the incident was yet to be ascertained, said that the boat was conveying the passengers from Garafini-Kodo to Garafini.
Shaba said that the cause of the incident would be made public as soon as it was confirmed.
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations