Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles’ head coach Stephen Keshi says he already has an idea of the players who will make the final 23-man list to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Keshi said this on Friday after the Nigerian senior male football team had their first work-out at the Philadelphia Eagles Stadium in Philadelphia, U.S.
He however said he would still wait till the last minute before making it public.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the final day for the submission of the list to world football governing body FIFA was June 2.
Keshi, who nonetheless said he was thrilled by the level of tactical and technical depth displayed by the players, said there was a need to be cautious.
“I have an idea of those who will go with us to Brazil but we will still wait till the last minute before we announce the list,’’ he was quoted as saying by the team’s Media Officer, Ben Alaiya.
Keshi said he was delaying naming the list so as to have a second look at those who are not measuring up.
The national team had their first training session on Friday morning in Philadelphia and were scheduled for another one later in the evening at 4.30 p.m. local time, which was 9.30 p.m. Nigerian time.
NAN reports that the 2014 FIFA World Cup is scheduled for June 12 to July 13, with Nigeria in Group F alongside Argentina, Iran and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid