Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) said it was committed to stimulating a rise in the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to increase the economy’s appeal to investors.
The Executive Secretary of the commission, Mrs Saratu Umar, said this in Abuja on her assumption of office on Monday.
“We expect a massive rise in Nigeria’s measured GDP to increase the economy’s appeal to investors. It is with this positive attitude that we must forge ahead.
“NIPC is strategic and important in the economic development of our country. This is my vision for promoting economic growth, creating jobs and generating wealth for all Nigerians.”
She commended the efforts of NIPC workers in implementing the mandates of the commission, adding: “I also acknowledge the efforts and services of my predecessor on whose legacies I am here to build upon.
“As you know, Nigeria is a land of boundless opportunities.
“And the recent rebasing of our economy, making Africa’s biggest, gives us a much needed platform to expand and attract foreign direct investment on a larger scale.
She said the NIPC was strategic in the nation’s economic development given its mandate to promote, coordinate and monitor all investments in the country.
“Therefore, we must stay focused and define strategies for the greater achievement of our objectives.
“I am fully committed to excellence and professionalism. I believe in collaboration and team work.
“My vision is to move NIPC to gold standard of excellence and international best practices on the continent and a world class investment promotion agency comparable to any in the world,’’ Umar said.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that before her appointment Umar was the Assistant-General Manager of Nigeria Export and Import Bank (NEXIM).
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams