Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Military has said troops Friday embarked on cordon and search exercise that led to the discovery of Rocket Launcher production facility at Dorayi District in Kumbotso Local Government Area of Kano State.
In a statement by General Chris Olukolade, Defence Information Director, the discovery follows the arrest of a prominent member of the terrorists group.
“Locally made Anti-Aircraft Gun and Mortar accessories as well as Rocket Propelled Grenade tubes and Launcher along with accessories were recovered. Also seized were three AK47 rifles and hundreds of rounds of assorted ammunitions as well as drilling machines and other fabricating equipment.” Olukolade noted.
The Military urged the general public is to report suspicious persons to security agencies in their localities to prevent unwholesome act by terrorists.
Meanwhile, the defense headquarters has again denied the online report titled “Second Mutiny in Maimalari Barracks as Soldiers Manhandled Commander”
It stated that, the online outlet garnished and dubbed as ‘mutiny’ was just a presentation of complaints by representatives of personnel families who wanted the ban on motorcycles as a means of public transportation in the barracks reversed. Soldiers were not involved and there was no single shot fired by soldiers throughout the period as claimed in the report.
“That the ban was part of security measures put in place for the safety of the soldiers and their families. The Acting General Officer Commanding obliged their request and directed a suspension of the ban pending when the planned alternative transportation arrangement is put in place. He was not insulted or manhandled as reported.”
The Military maintained that the imputation of mutiny was concocted by the online medium ostensibly to raise false alarm and create the impression of disquiet in the military.
“It is very obvious that a section of the media is feasting on the current security challenges and is desperate to sustain the tempo of the crisis through sensational reportage. Mutiny is a very grievous breach that attracts severe sanctions in the military and should not be trivialized by those who do not understand its ramifications.” The statement continued.
It urged the general public is therefore requested to discountenance the rumours as no such incident took place.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report