Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Leadership of Nigeria’s ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has said the Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwaso, is not fit to govern at any level in Nigeria.
The party said,“It is very shocking that an elected governor could show his inability to manage his political failures and miscalculations by condescending so low to attack governors from a section of the country even to the extent of describing his own colleagues as ‘vultures’.
At a press conference at the party headquarters, the secretary of the PDP, Prof. Wale Oladipo added that description of governors as vultures by the Kano Governor “is indeed unfortunate and clearly shows him as an uncultured and ill-bred person completely unfit to govern at any level.”
The party condemned Kwankwaso’s direct attack on the Chairman of PDP Governors’ Forum, who is also the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio, and other governors who accompanied the President to the PDP unity rally in Kano recently.
“Ordinarily, we would have ignored this confused and frustrated governor who now swings on the brink of nervous collapse following his rejection by the people, but in the interest of the nation and our teeming supporters we are persuaded to post this response, put the records straight and expose the real intentions of Governor Kwankwaso.” The Secretary noted.
With the frequent attacks, the party said Kwankwaso had not only shown his aversion to the unity of the nation but also the agenda of his party, which he said was to attack well-meaning individuals and leaders as a means to cause confusion among Nigerians and destroy their oneness.
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture