Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, who was formally of the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP now of the All Progressives Congress has denied hobnobbing with the PDP.
In a statement issued by Chief Press Secretary, Alhaji Abdulwahab Oba, said the insinuation that he (Governor Ahmed) was romancing the PDP was baseless and untrue.
Ahmed, defected with the Chairman, Senate Committee on Ecology and Environment, Dr. Bukola Saraki, to the APC.
“For the record, our decision to leave the PDP was premised on the need to build a new nation where every citizen has the opportunity to prosper, in which our youths are productively engaged and where the disadvantaged are assisted to live a decent life.”
“The relationship between me and the former Governor of the state and Leader of the APC, Dr. Bukola Saraki, remains cordial, warm and solid.
“It is equally ludicrous that they alleged that I was on a save-my-soul mission to my brother governors in the APC as well as being one of the earliest visitors to the new National Chairman of the PDP, Adamu Muazu. I have no need for such visits neither have I embarked on any.”
- The latest is “disgraceful and violent end” – what Buhari has said about bandit attacks
- We want justice for our son – Family of PHED official allegedly killed by NSCDC official in Bakassi
- Coronavirus is shocked by Nigerians’ nonchalance: Am I a Joke to You?
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria confirms 389 new cases as total number rises to 12,233
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans