Estimated Reading Time: <1
A bomb explosion has ripped through drinking centre in Kano state, Northern Nigeria and 10 persons have been confirmed dead, many others injured.
The blast is said to have occurred around 9.30pm on Sunday evening.
The car bomb ripped through the crowded entertainment spot in the north Nigerian city of Kano on Sunday, witnesses said.
The blast on a busy road lined with bars in the predominantly Christian area of Sabon Giri, could be heard several kilometres (miles) away, locals said.
The centre is a popular drinking spot in Sabongari area in Kano and Eyewitness account puts the number of those killed at 25 but the figure is yet to be confirmed.
We shall be following the story and keep you updated.
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly
- Senate passes bill prescribing life imprisonment for kidnappers – Removes gender restrictions, says men or women can be raped
- Governor Okowa, wife, daughter test negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award