Estimated Reading Time: <1
At least 40 villagers were killed and several others injured on Saturday evening in Dalwa-Masuba village of Damboa local government of the troubled Borno state.
It is not yet clear those responsible for the attacks, but the scale of the arson and killings is similar to that of the dreaded Islamic Boko Haram sect terrorizing the North-East region.
According to reports, the gunmen attacked the villages in their large numbers, burnt down the entire village.
“We heard about the attack from some of the villagers who fled the village, and we had to drive there on our patrol van; the entire village was set on fire, and about 40 persons lying dead all over the place; three firewood pickups were also set ablaze”, the local vigilante said.
But the attack however has not been confirmed by the police and other security operatives.
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande