Estimated Reading Time: <1
… As BET Announces Jay Z, Beyoncé, Drake, Pharell, Others As Nominees.
Lagos|Nigeria: Nigerian superstars, HKN Boss, Davido and Mavin’s First lady, Tiwa Savage have been nominated in this year’s BET awards.
The two talented artistes will go head to head alongside other African acts for the award of Best International Act Africa category.
BET has announced the nominations for the “BET Awards” 2014. Nominations were announced in 20 categories, selected by BET’s Voting Academy comprised of a group of respected entertainment professionals in the fields of television, film, music, social media, digital marketing, sports journalism, public relations, creative arts and fans.
The “BET Awards” 2014 will take place on Sunday 29 June at th Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, CA. The 2014 BET Awards will premiere on BET International in Africa on 1 July at 21:00 CAT.
“This year’s nominees represent the best of the culture,” said Stephen Hill, BET’s President of Music Programming and Specials. “It’s great to see our talented new artist’s right alongside our more beloved ones with long careers. We appreciate our BET Awards nomination committee, over 300 strong, for their efforts and congratulate all the nominees.”
The complete list of nominees for the “BET Awards” 2014 are:
Best International Act: Africa
Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania)
Mafikizolo (South Africa)
Tiwa Savage (Nigeria)
Best International Act: UK
Krept & Konan
Best Female R&B/Pop Artist
Best Male R&B/Pop Artist
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
August Alsina f/ Trinidad Jame$ – I Luv This
Beyoncé f/ JAY Z – Drunk In Love
Drake f/ Majid Jordan – Hold On (We’re Going Home)
JAY Z f/ Justin Timberlake – Holy Grail
Robin Thicke f/ T.I. & Pharrell Williams – Blurred Lines
YG f/ Jeezy & Rich Homie Quan – My Hitta
Best Male Hip Hop Artist
Best Female Hip Hop Artist
Video of the Year
Beyoncé – Partition
Beyoncé f/ JAY Z – Drunk In Love
Chris Brown – Fine China
Drake – Worst Behavior
Pharrell Williams – Happy
Video Director of the Year
Best New Artist
Rich Homie Quan
Best Gospel Artist
Michael B. Jordan
12 Years a Slave
The Best Man Holiday
Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain
Lee Daniels’ The Butler
Subway Sportswoman of the Year
Subway Sportsman of the Year
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Aloe Blacc – The Man
Jennifer Hudson f/ T.I. – I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel)
Jhené Aiko – The Worst
LiV Warfield – Why Do You Lie?
Wale f/ Sam Dew – LoveHate Thing
Stephen G. Hill, BET’s President of Music Programming and Specials, Lynne Harris Taylor, BET’s Vice President of Specials, will serve as Executive Producers for the “BET AWARDS,” along with Jesse Collins, CEO of Jesse Collins Entertainment.
The “BET Awards” will take place along with the BET Experience at L.A. Live in Los Angeles fromJune 27-29th. BET.com/Awards is the official site for the BET Awards 2014 and will have all the latest news and updates about this year’s show. All information about the BET Experience at L.A. LIVE presented by Coca-ColaÒ can be found at BETExperience.com. The BET Experience VIP Package offers the only way to purchase a BET Awards ticket, great seats to 3-nights of concerts at the Staples Center, and exclusive access to events at the free Fan Fest. For more information and to purchase tickets, go to BET.com/BETX.Follow the Experience on Twitter @betexperience.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’