Estimated Reading Time: <1
United States First lady Michelle Obama has condemned the “unconscionable” kidnapping of more than 200 Nigerian schoolgirls, saying the action was taken by “a terrorist group determined to keep these girls from getting an education.”
In her address Saturday, “Like millions of people across the globe, my husband and I are outraged and heartbroken” over the mass kidnapping by the terrorist group Boko Haram
President Barack Obama has directed his administration to do everything possible to help the Nigerian government, she said.
The first lady has joined the President in the past in delivering the White House weekly address, but this was her first time delivering it alone.
Earlier this week, the first lady tweeted a photo of herself with a sign that said: #BringBackOurGirls.
Content Credit: CNN
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%