Estimated Reading Time: <1
Gov. Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto State has said that the All Progressives Congress (APC) would not impose candidates on its members.
Wamakko stated this on Thursday in Sokoto when the newly-elected executives of the party in the state paid him a courtesy visit.
“APC will allow its members to freely choose their candidates at all levels.
“We will make sure that a level-playing ground is provided for all members wishing to aspire to occupy any post,’’ he said.
Wamakko also said that the party was committed to ensuring peace and unity as well as sustainable democracy.
The governor urged leaders of the party at all levels to ensure fairness, justice and transparency in all their activities.
The state chairman of the party, Alhaji Bala Hassan, pledged to live above board and carry all members along.
- Nigerian govt to stop doctors from leaving the country
- Just In: In a circular, Lagos directs level 12 civil servants, others to resume work
- Nigerian Soldiers did not dump bodies found inside Jos pond – DHQ
- “They said, Let the baby die” – Lady who lost her baby detained by SARS, narrates ordeal to lagos Judicial panel
- American hostage Philip Walton rescued in Nigeria by US Forces
- Delta State Government relaxes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- Former James Bond actor Sean Connery has died
- Osun State Government approves N30,000 minimum wage for workers
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3