Estimated Reading Time: <1
Troops operating in the North Central and North Western parts of the Federation have recovered caches of arms and ammunition in those areas.
Major General Chris Olukolade, the director defence Information/Coordinator, said during a cordon and search operation at Anyibe in Logo Local Government Area of Benue State, troops seized a cache of arms run by a young member of an armed gang.
Two Rifles, 3 locally fabricated pistols and 61 rounds of special ammunition were recovered during the operation. The arrested gang member is currently being interrogated, Olukolade noted.
Also in Plateau State, the cordon and search operation in 2 chiefdoms of the state has yielded the recovery of 5 guns, 3 locally fabricated pistols and 2 revolvers from the hideouts of armed gangs at Hukke and Reweinko. Other items recovered during the operation include some IED making materials, 45 live cartridges, various calibres of ammunition, bows and arrows and other items such as cutlasses, axes and diggers.
In Kaduna State, troops had encounter with armed gangs and bandits at Kwandaga during which some casualties were recorded and lots of arms and ammunition recovered.
The operation to rid the North Central and North West parts of the Federation of armed gangs is tagged Operation Restore Peace and is still in progress in various locations.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists