Estimated Reading Time: <1
Vice President Namadi Sambo on Wednesday in Abuja met with heads of Federal Government’s information dissemination agencies.
Those who attended were the Managing Director of News Agency of Nigeria, Mr Ima Niboro, and Directors-General of NTA and FRCN, Mr Sola Omole and Alhaji Ladan Salihu respectively.
The representative of the Director-General, Voice of Nigeria (VON), Alhaji Muhammed Danjuma, also attended.
Others were Dr Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant on Public Communication to President Goodluck Jonathan and Malam Umar Sani, Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to Vice President Sambo.
Okupe told newsmen later that the meeting was aimed at supporting the efforts of the military in the search for the abducted schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno.
He added that it was to ensure free flow of information on the ongoing rescue mission of the abducted girls.
“It was in order to further improve and enhance the process of information dissemination both within and outside Nigeria.
“It is important that this is used to support the efforts of the military in the search for our missing girls in Chibok.’’
He said the meeting reconvenes on Thursday and would be presided over by the Vice President with Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku and other heads of relevant agencies attending.
On his part, Sani said the proposed Information Centres on the abducted girls were meant to provide accurate and prompt information to the public on the ongoing rescue mission.
“The centres are going to be set up not because we want to sweep anything under the carpet but to give timely and accurate information to Nigerians.
“Sensitive state matter like security should not be mixed up with issues that have to do with politics.’’He explained that Nigeria welcomed the support and assistance of the United States, Britain and China on the ongoing efforts to rescue the kidnapped girls “because fighting terrorism requires global collaboration.’’
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid