Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Tribune’s Muhammad Sabiu – Gusau
About 60 officers and men of the Nigeria Police who were posted to the Government House, Gusau, Zamfara State, to provide security to the state governor, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari, have been withdrawn.
The gradual withdrawal of the police from the Government House, which started about two weeks ago, has left onlookers as well as staff of the Government House wondering on what was the rationale behind this.
Impeccable source at the Government House who pleaded for anonymity disclosed that “we just came to the office one day and began to observe that the policemen were packing some of their personal effects and when we inquired further, we were told that they have been recalled back to the command for new posting.”
Findings by the Saturday Tribune gathered that before the recent development, there were 120 policemen on duty at the Government House and they were posted to the office of the governor, governor’s residence, deputy governor’s office and residence, as well as the office of the speaker and his residence.
However, when contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) DSP Lawal Abdullahi, confirmed the withdrawal of the police from Government. House. He, however, added that there was no sinister motive behind the act.
He maintained that it was a normal routine exercise, adding that “we still have some of our men there.”
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed