Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Tribune’s Muhammad Sabiu – Gusau
About 60 officers and men of the Nigeria Police who were posted to the Government House, Gusau, Zamfara State, to provide security to the state governor, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari, have been withdrawn.
The gradual withdrawal of the police from the Government House, which started about two weeks ago, has left onlookers as well as staff of the Government House wondering on what was the rationale behind this.
Impeccable source at the Government House who pleaded for anonymity disclosed that “we just came to the office one day and began to observe that the policemen were packing some of their personal effects and when we inquired further, we were told that they have been recalled back to the command for new posting.”
Findings by the Saturday Tribune gathered that before the recent development, there were 120 policemen on duty at the Government House and they were posted to the office of the governor, governor’s residence, deputy governor’s office and residence, as well as the office of the speaker and his residence.
However, when contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) DSP Lawal Abdullahi, confirmed the withdrawal of the police from Government. House. He, however, added that there was no sinister motive behind the act.
He maintained that it was a normal routine exercise, adding that “we still have some of our men there.”
- Bishop Kukah explains why Buhari makes it difficult for Nigerians to celebrate diversity
- Ondo 2020: Agboola plans to rig in Ilaje, says Akeredolu
- “I did not campaign against subsidy” – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria