Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Vanguard reports that detectives from force headquarters, yesterday, grilled Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State for four hours at Government House, Yola, over a recent memo he sent to the Northern Governors Forum, NGF, alleging genocide in the North by President Goodluck Jonathan.
The team of investigators, drawn from the Force Criminal Investigation Department, Force Intelligence Bureau and the IGP monitoring unit, included two Deputy Commissioners of Police, one Assistant Commissioner of Police and two Superintendents of Police according to the report.
It was gathered that the interrogation of Nyako, which started at 10am, lasted till 1.30pm and was the first part of the session as the governor is expected to produce a proof of his allegations.
The areas said to have been concentrated on by the detectives were those of the Federal Government’s genocide to reduce the voting populace of the North, allegation of Boko Haram terrorism and the herdsmen attacks and killings which the governor alleged to be a project pursued by the government for political purposes.
Contacted on the development, Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Frank Mba, confirmed the visit of the Police team to Adamawa State Government House, but noted that the officers were on a fact-finding visit.
The police had cautioned politicians against making inflammatory comments.
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice