Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Oba of Benin, Omo n’Oba n’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa, on Friday in Abuja enjoined President Goodluck Jonathan to contest for the 2015 Presidential Election to enable him continue his good work for the country.
Erediauwa, who made the call when he addressed State House correspondents in Abuja, after a closed-door meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan, said his kingdom had since embarked on special prayers for the success of the president in next year’s general elections.
The Oba, who was represented by his Son, Prince Eheneden Erediauwa, said the kingdom had also embarked on special prayers for the continued survival of Nigeria as a geo-political entity.
”On behalf of my father, who sent me here to convey this message to Mr President that he has been following the things that have been happening in the country.
”All these disturbances, the distractions Mr President has been having, that Mr President being his own Son, he considers Mr President his Son and he has asked me to present this special message to Mr President, to tell Mr President that he is praying for him in the Benin Kingdom.
”He is praying fervently for him to be able to withstand the pressure, to go through the pressure. “And also to pray that the opportunity will come for him to continue the good work he is doing in Benin and other parts of South South for at least another term.
‘‘I believe that is the commitment we have in this kind of special prayer coming from the Oba of Benin, my father.
Erediauwa, who expressed the support of people of his kingdom to the Federal Government, urged the President not to be distracted from his good works by those who were bent on causing social discontent in the country.
He said the kingdom would continue to pray for the president to enable his administration overcome all security challenges facing the country.
The monarch said that he would continue offer ‘fatherly advice’ to the President to guide him in facing future challenges.
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview
- Magu’s lawyer writes probe panel, alleges ‘secrecy’ and violation of rights
- We raised hate speech fine to N5 million because when it was N500,000 people were reckless – Lai Mohammed
- Ooni Of Ife wants #BBNaija reality show replaced
- Police arraign two brothers over Flying Officer Tolu Arotile’s death
- Squeeze out old politicians who want to remain in power perpetually Obasanjo tells Youths