Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Bauchi State Government has ordered the evacuation of 200 students from the government girls secondary school Yana. This follows the attack by gunmen in Shira Local Government area of the state last Sunday which led to the death of a five-year-old girl.
The state commissioner for Education, Alhaji Ibrahim Aminu said that the students were evacuated to enable the school authority carry out renovation work on the building burned down during the attack.
According to the state government, the evacuation is temporary because the students will only stay away for three weeks.
The commissioner goes on to deny insinuations that the evacuation of the students was connected to the attack launched on the area on Sunday assuring Nigerians that adequate security measures have been put in place by the state government.
Gunmen last Sunday set ablaze some houses in the staff quarters of the Government Girls’ Secondary School, Yana, killing a five-year old girl and burnt a telecommunication mast in the town.
According to the police, the gunmen stole a private car belonging to the principal of the school.
“Unknown gunmen attacked the staff quarters of GGSS Yana, Shira Local Government Area of the state, around 2.30 a.m. on Sunday.
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence