Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Northern States Governors Forum (NSGF) will Thursday meet to discuss the memorandum submitted to it by Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State, where he raised several concerns about the insurgency in the North.
Chairman of the forum and Governor of Niger State, Dr Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu said in Minna on Monday that “the forum is now in receipt of Nyako’s memo and would look at the concerns raised by Admiral Nyako with a view to addressing the issues.”
Governor Aliyu who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Danladi Ndayebo said members of the forum will also be meeting leaders of the Miyetti Allah Fulani Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria to fashion out strategies to address the disturbing state of insecurity in the region.
Aliyu said he is enthusiastic that the interface between Northern Governors and Miyetti Allah would engender the restoration of the most desired peaceful co-existence, unity and development in the region.
He said the forum intends to work closely with leaders of Miyetti Allah to unmask criminals who masquerade as cattle breeders to inflict mayhem on innocent citizens.
The meeting would advocate for a national policy to settle nomads and provide adequate grazing reserves/cattle routes and make a case for proper demarcation of grazing fields for herdsmen.
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out