Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria forward Shola Ameobi has scored his first English Premier League goal in his side’s 2-1 at home defeat against Swansea on Saturday evening, Goal reports.
Ameobi put Alan Pardew’s men ahead with his 23rd minute strike before bowing to a brace from Cote d’Ivoire’s striker Wilfried Bony.
The lanky forward received a pass from De Jong in the six yard box, turned and rolled it past goalkeeper Michel Vorm who was in impressive for the visitors.
Newcastle United has now lost five straight Premier League games which piles more pressure on Alan Pardew’s men now placed now ninth on the log with 46 points from 35 games.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t