Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Police Command has urged worshippers both at Jumat and Church services to take adequate measures to reduce the number of vehicles around these hallowed worship centres so as to make the tasks of keeping surveillance ahead of the nationwide Easter celebrations.
The Police apex authority also advises that abandoned and disused vehicles should not be parked within or close to places of worship and residential areas,in a statement issued by CSP Frank Mba, the Force Public Relations Officer.
The Police further highlighted the need for vehicles parked overnight in those premises to be properly vetted and identified.
Mba stated Thursday, “While emphasizing that empty containers and other forms of receptacles (including dustbins) not in use should be properly disposed or stored far away from the reach of unauthorized persons, the Police High Command highlights the need for flower pots and flower edges around residential buildings, offices and worship centres to be kept clear and regularly checked for foreign or suspicious objects.”
The Police High Command also enjoins worshippers to make conscious effort to know fellow members of their congregation, as this will make it easier to know who is a stranger in their midst. It reiterates the need for worshippers to be security alert and report all suspicious characters and observations to the Police. The worship centres are enjoined to discourage hawking and clustering/loitering around the worship centres after service. Worshippers are equally advised to refrain from entering the worship centres with hand bags, brief-cases and other related items.
The Force equally advises operators of motor parks, shopping malls and recreational centres to work very closely with the Police and other security agencies as they strive to strengthen general security in their respective facilities.
While assuring the public of his administration’s readiness and commitment towards ensuring a safe and secure environment, the Inspector-General Police, IGP MD Abubakar, CFR, NPM, mni, psc, also wishes Nigerians a very peaceful and happy Easter Celebrations.
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached
- Kaduna state government is not aware of any land grabbing incidents says Governor El-Rufai