Estimated Reading Time: <1
Gov. Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto State has said more governors have concluded plans to join the All Progressives Congress.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Wamakko, who did not mention the names of the governors and their states, made the statement on Saturday in Wamakko after the conduct of ward congresses in Wamakko Local Government Area.
He said the ward congresses were held to ratify the consensus decision taken by the party’s candidates in the 23 local government areas of the state.
He said that the successful conduct of the exercise was a good beginning for the APC.
“The party will win all the elective positions at all levels during the forthcoming general elections in Nigeria,” he said.
Wamakko said members of the party in the local government took a unanimous decision that the adoption of the consensus arrangement was in the best interest of the party.
The chairmen of Tangaza and Silame Local Government Areas, Mr. Mohammed Sahabi and Mr. Mani Katami respectively, said the consensus arrangement would help solidify the APC.
- Lai Mohammed, “erroneously” amended the NBC Code – Board Chairman
- Nigeria not taking ISIS, Al-Queda warning lightly says DHQ
- Nigeria to reverse US suspension of immigrant visas to passport holders
- UNILAG Senate upholds Professor Ogundipe as VC
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview