Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Iyiola Omisore has emerged as the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, candidate for the next gubernatorial elections in Osun State.
Omisore emerged the flag-bearer of the elections in Oshogbo in an elections that started with the accreditation of delegates at about 7:30 am but voting did not commence until around 11:30 am
The accredited 1,280 delegates comprising of 385 statutory delegates and 996 official delegates from across the 30 local government area and the Ife area office cast their votes for candidates of choice.
Though the conduct of the primaries was violence free and relatively fair, Senator Isiaka Adeleke had boycotted the elections hours to the conduct of the congress. He sighted threats to his life and irregularities as reasons he is pulling out of the polls.
With the declarations, Omisore will be facing incumbent governor Rauf Aregbesola of the All Progressives Congress ahead of the gubernatorial elections in the state.
We shall be updating you as the outcome of the polls and the actual votes that Senator Omisore won to emerge the parties candidate.
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court