Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Bauchi State Police Command on Saturday said that the Kidnapped Businessman, Alhaji Manu Soro, had regained his freedom.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Haruna Mohammed, confirmed this in a text message he sent to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Bauchi.
Mohammed said Soro was released by his captors at around 7a.m. on Saturday.
“Information at our disposal has revealed that the kidnapped businessman, Alhaji Manu Soro, has been released at 0700hrs on Saturday.
“Investigation is still in progress to find out whom the captors are and the circumstance that led to the kidnapping,” he said.
NAN reports that Soro was kidnapped by unknown gunmen about two weeks ago in his home town of Soro in Darazo Local Government Area.
Soro was the sixth person kidnapped recently in the state. Four were kidnapped in Darazo town and one in Toro Local Government Area.
All the persons kidnapped were subsequently set free.
- ‘Gimba Yau Kumo, wanted by the ICPC, is no longer Buhari’s son in-law’ – Presidency says
- #DavidoAt10: ‘Being true hearted goes a long way – Davido says
- Bayelsa government imposes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- ‘We had sex, Ini Umoren attacked me, I killed her in self defense’ – Uduak Akpan claims
- Gbajabiamila did not oppose Southern Governors’ calls for restructuring – Rep
- President Buhari promises to ‘support and help Chad stabilize’
- ‘Stop fortifying criminals’ – Police warn native doctors in Ebonyi
- Buhari meets Chad’s interim President in Abuja
- JAMB may postpone UTME 2021 exams
- Aisha Yesufu vows to disregard NIN-SIM linking exercise in protest