Estimated Reading Time: <1
A trainee aircraft No 5N-BRM belonging to The International Aviation College veered off the runway while landing on a solo flight at the Ilorin Airport today March 28 at 10.20 UTC with one pilot on board.
Yakubu Dati, Coordinating GM of the various Aviation Parastatals in a statement Thursday noted that no casualty was recorded at the incident.
“The aircraft stopped safely a few metres beside the runway. Normal flights to the airport were not disrupted as a result of the incident.”
Dati added that the Accident Investigation and Prevention Bureau (AIPB) and other relevant agencies are already investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.
He further noted that the incident is normal in an aviation training institution and that the clarification is necessary to guard against mischief makers who may want to create unnecessary excitement.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems