Estimated Reading Time: <1
NEW YORK (AP) — Rihanna earned an icon award at the American Music Awards last year. Now she’s receiving a similar honor from the fashion world.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc., announced Monday that the 26-year-old pop star will receive the CFDA Fashion Icon Award on June 2 in New York City.
The award is given to one whose style has made a tremendous impact on pop culture around the world. Past recipients include Lady Gaga, Iman, Kate Moss and Nicole Kidman.
The 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards will be held at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall.
Rihanna will launch a three-date co-headlining tour with Eminem on Aug. 8 in Los Angeles. The artists have collaborated on the No. 1 hits “The Monster” and “Love the Way You Lie.”
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court