Estimated Reading Time: <1
Reliable Nigerian Left back, Elderson Uwa Echiejile enjoyed his long-awaited French Ligue 1 debut for AS Monaco against Lille. Echiejile moved to Monaco from Portuguese side, Braga in the winter.
On his Ligue 1 debut, Echiejile saw his side draw 1-1 with compatriot, Vincent Enyeama’s Lille. He played in his usual left-back position and was impressive. He was booked in the 16th minute after a strong-arm challenge.
Monaco is currently second in the Ligue 1 with 63 points from 30 matches while Lille are third on the log with 54 points.
Before now, the Nigerian had featured in two French Cup games for Monaco. His coach, Claudio Ranieri’s preferred left back, Layvin Kurzawa was not listed for the Lille clash.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer