Estimated Reading Time: <1
Manchester United are ready to call time on David Moyes’s reign as Old Trafford boss after the club’s 3-0 home defeat to Liverpool all but ended their hopes of a top four finish.
The club’s owners are increasingly concerned about the direction Man United are heading in under Moyes.
Reports say, Key Manchester United boardroom figures, have turned against David Moyes as the prospect of the manager getting sacked has been properly raised for the first time.
According to ESPN, the Glazer family, are now open to the idea of making a change and the next three games could prove decisive.
Moyes admitted on Sunday he is finding succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson a more difficult job than he anticipated as a 3-0 home defeat to Liverpool dealt another blow to their season.
This season United have won just once against clubs in the top nine and Moyes said that was obviously something that had to change.
“That tells you we’re not doing as well as we should be. We have to play better and make ourselves harder to beat, harder to play against and we are also going to have to make sure we are creating and taking more opportunities,” he said.
“We have a lot to do to do both those things. I think the job was always going to be hard. Yes, it is harder (than I thought) I would say so.”
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants
- ‘Some people want to incite war in the southeast’ David Umahi says
- In Niger, a 35-year old man, Umaru Jibrin stabs the Chief Imam over an alleged affair with his wife