Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Jigawa State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, says it has arrested a 20-year-old man for allegedly raping an eight year old boy in Dutse Local Government Area of the state.
The Commander, Mr. Muhammad Gidado, disclosed this yesterday.
Gidado said that the suspect was arrested in the Jigawa Tsada quarters of Dutse town on Sunday following intelligence report. He said that the suspect allegedly lured the boy into his room and committed the offence.
Gidado added that a medical report by Rashidi Shekoni Specialist Hospital, Dutse, had confirmed that the boy was raped.
He said that the suspect confessed to have committed the offence with the boy on previous occasions, and that he lured the child with N20 each time. Gidado said that the suspect would be charged to court.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems