Estimated Reading Time: <1
The seventh civilian governor, of Anambra state will today takes the oath of office for the next four years, managing the affairs of the South-Eastern State.
Willie Obiano, Candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), was declared winner of the governorship election in Anambra State by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of Nigeria.
Professor Chukwuemeka Onukogu, the Resident Commissioner of INEC in Anambra state declared in Awka that Mr. Obiano won the election by polling 180,178 votes in 19 local government areas in the state.
At a church service held Sunday to mark the end of the outgoing state Governor Peter Obi’s eight-year administration at St. Patrick’s Catholic Cathedral, Awka, the state capital.
The Presiding bishop of Awka Catholic Diocese, Most Revd Dr Paulinus Ezeokafor, declared that Governor Obi laid a solid foundation for future leaders to stand on and take the state to a higher pedestal.
Obiano, the new Anambra governor, Born in 1955, is a native of Agulueri-Otu in Anambra-East local government area in the North senatorial district, obtained a B.Sc. in Accountancy from the University of Lagos in 1979 and MBA in Marketing from the same university in 1993. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and a former assistant director of the Fidelity Bank Plc.
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment
- Nigeria’s monthly oil revenue crashes by 75% – NNPC Report
- PHOTOS: NFF unveils new kit for Super Eagles and Falcons
- Health Workers call off 7 day strike
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020